Catching the Jitney to the Hamptons? Short trip to Lake Burton? Long weekend in Seaside? The weekender is the perfect bag for all of your short getaways…
The First Annual Counterpoint Music Festival held September 27-29th in Atlanta is like a baby Ultra. Acts include Bassnectar,Scrillex, Pretty Lights, AVICII, M83, Big Boi, Big Gigantic, Ghostland, LOTUS, Reptar, Savoy and Zoogma.
Check out my Counterpoints Playlist at the bottom to listen to my favorite bands that will be there.
I really love whoever does Pretty Lights artwork, really beautiful stuff. Also fallow Pretty Lights on Instragram- fans make the coolest photos for him
I order Sarah Potempa’s Beachwaver from Joyas last week. It arrived yesterday.
YOU HAVE TO BUY ONE
I have never ever been able to curl my hair, I didn’t even own a curling iron till college and I only used it about 4 times. But this, has changed my life. IT IS SO EASY
Watch this video, then buy one
For More Style Inspiration Follow Me On Pinterest
A Few of My Favorite Tech Accessories
Jess LC is a great line from Chicago
I fell in love with this iPad2 case because of its beautiful inside. All of Jess’s pieces are handmade upon order and come with a cute handwritten note from Jess!
Kate Spade Laptop Case
Perfect if you own a 17-inch laptop like me
This was one of my first purchases from Etsy. I read about Timberline on an Etsy Featured Shops, and she just sounded awesome. The quality is impeccable and is Ginny is adorable…
“Nothing gets me more excited than a brand new piece of fabric”
When my work purse strains my back, I switch to my backpack. Also the perfect carry on bag, fits your laptop, book, sweater and your personal item. Great for when you have 2 bags plus a personal item….insites form a over-packer
I head to Chicago (first time!) this Saturday for Lollapalooza. I am super excited to be reunited with some east cost friends, explore a new city and boogie down to some live music.
Excited to cross Red Hot Chilli Peppers off my “Must See List” and Calvin Harris, Avicci and Alabama Shakes.
Follow me on Tumblr and see all my photos from the shows
Atlanta, the capital of the South. Home to Delta, Chick-fil-a and Coca Cola (all things good). When in Hotlanta be sure to check out my favorite spots
1. Fellinis Pizza– Always my first stop in town. I love their pizza especially the Sicilian slice. Don’t forget to order their house salad with the incredible Italian dressing (you will probably want some to dip your pizza in too!). With 3 locations in Buckhead you are sure to find your favorite. Nothing is better than good pizza and Sweet Water 420 on tap. Feliinis is also open till 2 am so you can get your late night fix.
Other late night fix: Steak N Shake and Waffle House
*I don’t eat other pizza in Atlanta
2. C&S Seafood and Oyster Bar– Tucked into strip mall in Vinings, you might almost miss it. A neighborhood favorite and a great place to take your parents or your significant others parents. S & D offers a huge menu. My usual are Oysters, Lobster Bisque or Clam Chowder. When it comes to an entrée i can never make up my mind! Get the Market Fish cooked just how you like it, fried shrimp or surf and turf.
Back up spot- Hals on Roswell road, I have yet to have the pleasure but my parents eat there at least 3x a month. Of course Bones, Chops and Capital Grille too.
3. Sandwich shop- Publix, its quick, easy, cheep and delicious. Talk to any Atlantan and they will tell you how much they love a Publix Sub. There is something about the bread that is just SO good. It has these little balls of crumbs, dough, seasoning or something I am not quite sure but I love it.
Honorable mention- Henri’s a favorite for anyone in Buckhead, this place turns out big sandwiches and yummy treats (see)
4. Piece of Cake– Staying at a friends lake house and need to bring a ‘thank you’? This is the place to go. Locally owned and operated, Piece of Cake is southern favorite. Their chocolate chip pound cake is simply divine. Perfect for breakfast, or heat is up in the microwave, add some vanilla ice cream and you have a delicious desert. Big winners are White Chocolate and my personal favorite, Red Velvet. Warning: These are great gifts for the Holidays but be sure an call ahead or order online as they sell out fast, because these cakes are made fresh everyday! Don’t live in Atlanta? Not a problem! Piece of Cake ships all over the country! Share these with your coworkers and they will be begging you to order more. Next time you’re in town, pick a cake up and carry it on the plane home with you, but beware the Delta flight attendant are big fans too.
Back up… don’t have one, you can never go wrong with Piece of Cake!
5. Willy’s– If I had to describe it, its like Moe’s…but not, and way better because it’s only in Georgia. A high school staple for me, I always make a trip when I’m in town. The cheese dip is to die for, and its WHITE! Not that yellow stuff you get in texas called Queso… Burritos, quesadillas and salads are their specialty. Their sweet tea is also reallllllly good, I suggest making it an Arnold Palmer by adding in their delicious lemonade.
For a sit down Mexican on a budget- Jalisco’s
Most of my time eating in Atlanta was in my teens (spending $10 on a meal) so whenever I return I like to check out a new places- Coast and Barcelona
Old standards- Houston’s (spinich dip and chicken salad please), Cafe at Pharr (Tuna and Chicken Salad) Garrisons (lobster bisque), Genki, Fontaines’s Oyster House, Eclipse De Luna, Figo and Souper Jenny’s.
What’s your favorite spot?
Bracelets bracelets and more bracelets
PeitieCo. designer Vanessa knows the way to my heart, turquoise. I imagine her sitting in a beautiful room in Portugal working away in the summer sun. I purchased 4 bracelets and have yet to take them off. A great accessory- little, dainty and easy to mix and match. I love finding pieces I can wear everyday, never take off and always match my style… these are a perfect fit.
For More Style Inspiration Follow Me On Pinterest