We may be at home 24/7 and only able to communicate with friends and family via zoom but there is really no reason not to make the most of this time. No, you may not write a book but do you really want to look back on this and realized you only watched Netflix for 2 months straight? Nope so here are some ideas to get you going and motivated!
Have a Spa Day
- Give yourself a mani ped – a real food scrub and give one to your partner too
- Steam Facial – Heat up some water, pour it in a bowl, put your face over the bowl with a towel around you so the steam goes to your face and opens up your pores. Great for sinus headaches to cause its also allergy season too. Add some dried flowers or lemon to the water too
- Face and Hair Mask – Pamper your skin and hair
- Give yourself a tan – cause lord knows I feel better with a tan. I use Isle of Paradise Selt Tanning Drops in Light on my face and Sun Labs on my body. For both, I mix a little with my regular lotion and blend then build up a tan over a few days.
Get to Know Yourself
Take this time to explore all those self-help books, podcasts, etc you have been wanting to try out. I really
Take a personality test
Some of my favorite “Self-Help” Books
- Crucial Conversation
- Ego is the Enemy
- Everything is figureoutable
- Brave Not Perfect
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving A Fuck
Play A Game
I am a gamer at heart. I actually had to delete a game on my phone cause I was so addicted to playing it, and this is not the first time it has happened – LOL! So I have pulled together a list of my favorite two-player games that are seriously so much fun to play. Clay and I play Skip-Bo all the time and our new favorite game is Exploding Kittens. We love Catan but since you need 3 players we ordered the two-player version Rivals of Catan, it takes a little time to learn but I think its really fun!
P.S. Here is a list of all the board games you can play online too!
Three + Players
Redecorate Your Home… or at Least Plan it out
Spending so much time has really motivated me to make my house super dope. We had already planned on redoing the back yard this summer – pavers, pergola, outdoor kitchen the works. Pour a glass of wine and do a planning session on Pinterest. Better yet rearrange what you already go. I completely redid my office last weekend and am loving it! I didn’t buy anything new either just decluttered, organized and rearranged.
Pinterest Inspiration: Outdoors, Living room, Bedrooms, Bathroom, Home Office, kitchen The Coolest Room in The House
Learn a TikTok
Don’t hate it, till you download it… cause I guarantee you you will spend an hour laughing so hard you cry. What performs well on TikTok either makes you laugh or wows you from choreographed dance routines to ridiculous videos. You may find yourself wanting to learn a dance routine to show off eventually. I have only posted one video and not sure if I’ll do more (only quarantine time will tell) but I do heart everything I think is funny or cool so follow me then go here to see what I have liked so far.
Take a Class or 5
Seriously, use this time to relax but also use it to grow! The internet has a million classes and so many for free or next to nothing right now