Community – With eight years in Denver I have built a great community but over the last few years some of my best friends have moved away and my community has shrunken. Now, that we own a home in Denver, we want to grow our community not just our close circle of friends but involving ourselves more in the community at large whether through networking groups, taking classes or volunteering.
I’d love to know form yall how you grow and strengthen your community? I asked on Instagram earlier this week and here are some of the responses I got…
- Drink in Hand kickball
- Shared Ski Houses
- Volunteer Groups
- Book Clubs
I personally love to learn, that’s one of the reasons I love blogging, every day I get to learn a new tool or trick to grow this community and my brain. So the first steps of growing my community for me was taking some classes – here are few adult classes I found in Denver that you can try too!
As well as some fun meet up groups or professional organizations! I’d love to know where and how you have made friends in your city so comment or slide into my DM’s!
- Dabble – Dabble sources some of the best classes around town from house plants to painting and beer making
- Colorado Free University – Wow so many free classes on a variety of topics
- CPAC – Colorado Photography Association offers a number of workshops and classes + darkroom rentals
- General Assembly – Improve your skills for work and network with events and classes on subjects like Facebook marketing, data science and more
- Boulder Digital Arts – Seriously so many great classes in Digital Arts I took a ton of these when I first moved to Colorado
Fun Meet Ups
Professional Groups & Clubs