Y’all I have been in Denver for almost six years now! About high time I put together a list of my favorite things to do in Denver!
Top Things To Do In Denver (in no particular order)
1. Union Station Shop, Dine and Drink at Denver’s crowning jewel. I love getting a drink at Terminal Bar or upstairs at Cooper Lounge. Mercantile is considered one of the best restaurants in the city. Stoic and Genuine is fabulous seafood go for the oyster happy hour. For cheap eats head to The Thirsty Lion or burgers from Hopdaddy . Brunch head to the always delicious Snooze. And of course ice cream from Milkbox.
2. Check out one of the cities awesome Markets – Denver Central Market, Stanley Marketplace, The Source or Avanti. Each one of these markets offers great food, shopping and drinking all in one single location.
Avanti & Denver Central market are set up as food stall with one central bar so everyone can eat whatever they want and sit together. Stanley Market Place and The Source are more of a collection of separate bars and restaurants and shops.Also during the summer is a huge food truck fest every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday in Citic Center park – check out the line up here.
3. Brewery Tour – Great Divide, Wynkoop Brewery, Renegade Brewing or a Denver Beer Tour with Aspire Tours.
Outside Denver – Oskar Blues in Longmont, New Belgium in Ft. Collins, Avery in Boulder, Coors in Golden, Breckenridge Brewery in Littleton – great for groups/brunch/outside time.
4. Festivals – Staring in June you can find a festival to attend almost every weekend through the Fall. From major music festivals to neighborhood parties like South Pearl Street Blues & Brews, The Big Wonderful, Denver Flea, LoHi Music Fest, Sunnyside Music Fest, Westword Music Showcase, Denver Project Pabst, Denver Taco Festival, 303 Music Fest and Spread the Word Fest.
5. Red Rocks – See a show, hike, watch a movie or do some yoga – link to Red Rocks guide
6. See another show – For your mainstream/indie/pop acts check out the lineups at The Filmore, Bluebird, Ogden or the Gothic. Dinner and a show – Ophelia’s or Nocturn Jazz Bar.
Looking for great live music like jam bands or electronic or the best cover bands everything in between Cervantes, Be On Key, Quixotes and Your Mom’s House has you covered
7. REI – The flasgship REI is built right at the Confluence of the Platt River and Cherry Creek, the birthplace of Denver. Visit the store then walk across the bridge and hang out in Confluence Park.
8. Denver Art Museum – This architectural beauty stands out in the city and always has an interesting exhibit like YSL full collection, Star Wars or Toys.
9. Park Party – Denver has some amazing parks speckled throughout the city but the 3 major ones are City Park, Cheeseman Park and Washington Park aka Wash Park. While each beautiful the real beauty is the ability to drink in the park. Yep, you can mix a cocktail or sip a beer in the wide open with no problems. As long as its 3.2 alcohol so just buy it form a Gas Station or Grocery Store and your all set. For a quite more relaxed picnic head to Cheeseman Park. Want to join a game of volleyball, have a bbq or just a great day of day drinking – Wash Park is bumping all weekend
10. Farmers Market – South Pearl Street has by far the best but almost every neighborhood has one. South Pearl Street is every Sunday, May-ish to October-ish with tons of vendors and food trucks. By far everyone’s fav is the $10 bag stand – Fill a huge bag with all the veggies you can fit for just $10.