Archives for June 2014
Yall, I have been blogging for 2 years! There have been a lot of ups, downs, steep learning curves and total freak outs but I have enjoyed (almost) every minute of the time I have put into this little blog. If you had asked me 4 months ago about the future of BMB, I would have told you it’s over. So, I took a little hiatus… but I am back! Summer is in full swing and I have so many amazing trips planned that I can’t wait to share! Let’s check in on my New Years resolution and see how we are doing…
1.Climb Two More 14ers – Well, not much progress here but I hope to squeeze one in, in August and September!
2. Learn To Code – I am on my way to mastering SQL. I can do sweet Select statements and am working on my Joins! Next up Ruby!
3. Be A Fearless Skier – 14 days! I doubled the amount I skied last year! I did a few blacks and totally mastered blues. I skied fast and with total confidence. I even spent a few days in some fresh pow pow!
4. Read For Pleasure – Well I bought the The Luminaries back in January and read 2 chapters… The book is still on my bed side table.
5. Exercise On The Reg – Suns out, guns out. My roomies puppy Silas is loving our daily walks and I have been spotted at the gym on occasion.
6. Email – I have been crushing my emails – unsubscribe, delete and archive are my new best friends! That annoying blue bubble is never over 150 now!
7. Save Save Save – Carpooling to work, check! Bringing lunch to work, check! Selling clothing on Poshmark & Threadflip, check!
9. Complete My List (in a more timely manner) – work in progress….
10. Stretch – not daily but getting there!
If your headed out for WSP at Red Rocks here are few last minute tips and things to do around town!
Culture: Chihuly Exhibit at the Denver Botanical Gardens
Charity: Join the Undy 500 and walk/run for Colon Cancer – in your underwear!
Music: Taking a night off from WSP or looking for a late night show? Check out Cervantes & Quixotes. This Must Be The Band is playing at the Ogden Friday night and A Live One (phish cover band) at Quixotes.
Lower Lots – Shakedown & Bus Lots
Upper North Lot – my favorite lot with easy access to the top of the venue + you get to drive through the tunnel
How to get there: There are few options for getting out to Red Rocks and returning home safe and sound. For a party bus check out Bus To Show & J2Glive. The guys at J2Glive throw down for Panic. Pick up is at 1up with free booze, pizza and music. Uber to Red Rocks can be pricy but totally works. Once you get dropped off get your drivers number or set up a pick up time. You can “Uber” once you get in the car. Otherwise you will be stuck waiting for a long time.
What to bring: A rain jacket! Seriously not only does it always rain at red rocks denver has been getting an afternoon rain shower every day.
It’s festival season and Colorado has a new festival popping up every weekend. This August I plan to see my boys, The Infamous Stringdusters at ARISE Music Festival. The festival boast beautiful camping, yoga, workshops, art installations and a great line up of EDM and Bluegrass bands (weird, but I like it). First tier tickets have already sold out but I am hoping for day passes?? You can get your tickets here & learn more about all the artist preforming here. FYI Stringdusters are playing Saturday night!
Summer is in full swing in Colorado which means weekends are full of music festivals and outdoor activities. I am revamping my wardrobe with new quick dry shorts from Patagonia and maxi dresses for work. I try to find water every weekend to cool off from the heat which usually means rafting rather than sun bathing so I am also shopping for sporty bikinis and one pieces.
A little late with this one – lots of great shows coming this summer! For the full summer calendar click here.
6-7 – Pink Talking Phish – Quixote’s
6 – John Butler Trio – Red Rocks
8 – The Fray –Red Rocks
11 – Lionel Richie – Red Rocks
13 – The New Mastersounds – Cervantes’
13 – Theivery Corp – Red Rocks
14 – moe. LOHI Music Festival at Highland Tap & Burger
14 – O.A.R. and Philip Phillips – Red Rocks
17-18 James Taylor – Red Rocks
20-21 – Skrillex – Red Rocks
21 – Diplo & 2 Chains – Westword Music Showcase
22 – Steve Winwood – Paramount Theater
26 – Pickin’ On Panic – Quixtoes
27-29 – Widespread Panic – Red Rocks
27- This Must Be The Band Talking Heads Awesomeness – Ogden Theatre
28-29 – A Live One Phish Tribute – Quixote’s